Monday, April 5, 2010

Congressman Hare doesn't care about Constitution



He is using an example of someone having to take their child to the hospital while not having insurance and being stuck with a hefty medical bill when someone began to ask "Where in the Constitution..."

Rep. Hare cuts the man off and says "I don't worry about the Constitution on this to be honest..."

The man begins to laugh, cutting the congressman off, and says "Jackpot, brother."

"I care more about the people that are dying every day that don't have health insurance," Rep. Hare goes on to say.

"You care more about that than the Constitution you swore to uphold," the man replies.

"I believe it says we have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness," Rep. Hare tells him.

The argument continues with the first man telling Rep. Hare that it is "unbelievably clear that the Constitution doesn't matter to you." The two men also argued whether the bill will actually provide insurance to people who don't have it.

Another person argues with Rep. Hare over how many times Rep. Hare read the bill. He was critical of whether the congressman actually read the bill -- which he said was 8,100 pages long -- three times.

"Are you calling me a liar?" Rep. Hare asks him.

"I am," that man replies.

"Oh that's pleasant," the congressman tells him and begins to leave the room.

The man mocks him: "Oh, heaven forbid you have to answer your constituents."

Rep. Hare turns and tells the man: "I answered it and you told me I was a liar."

"Because you are," the man says.

Rep. Hare turns back towards the door and leaves, not answering the man as he asks repeatedly how long it took Mr. Hare to read the bill three times.

As Rep. Hare gets into his vehicle, another person asks, "Hey where in the Constitution does it say I have to purchase health insurance or gives you the authority to make me?"

The vehicle begins to pull away and that person says "Better start looking for a job."

No comments: